Grassroots Asian Rising National Director
The purpose of this position is to drive the development of a shared political vision for Grassroots Asian Rising (GAR) rooted in grassroots organizing and movement building, oversee all of GAR’s programs, operations, and manage a Membership Coordinator. The National Director will strive to build greater unity and alignment among the GAR Coordinating Committee (GAR CC), its membership, and with alliance partners.
- Ability to make assessments, build political clarity and alignment among organizations/alliances towards a shared vision
- Hold a larger political landscape understanding for racial, gender, and economic justice
- Meet with Membership Coordinator regularly to provide guidance on membership recruitment and engagement
- Commitment to prioritizing grassroots AAPI organizing and base-building
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Strong fundraising and operations administrative skills
- Ability to effectively bridge with people where they are at, and where GAR aims to move them
- Self-motivated and self-managed
BASE: Develop and lead the coordination of the GAR CC (30%)
- Lead strategy and coordination of GAR CC, including internal infrastructure and external political leadership
- Coordinate bi-annual GAR CC retreats & monthly meetings including agenda development and logistics
- Support and mobilize CC orgs for mutual aid / rapid response as needed
PROGRAM: GAR Activities and Membership Development (40%)
- Coordinate GAR program priorities as determined by the GAR CC
- Lead the Asian American Racial Justice Toolkit work
- Support development of general GAR membership activities (including conferences, trainings, etc).
- Represent GAR’s vision in other alliances in order to strengthen U.S. movement building
- Supervise and support GAR Membership Coordinator in membership recruitment and development
OPERATIONS: Administration & Fundraising (30%)
- Raise GAR’s budget in coordination with the GAR CC through institutional fundraising, building funder relationships, grant prospecting, grant writing, and grant reporting
- Manage all operational and administrative needs through our fiscal sponsor
- Manage overall finances
This position is full-time.
Salary and Benefits:
$75K to $85K. This position is benefits-eligible, including medical and dental benefits, plus paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
Competitive benefits include
- Paid vacation and personal leave
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Medical, Parking, and Dependent Care FSAs with employer contributions available
- Commuter benefits
- Subsidized gym membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Savings Account
How to Apply:
Submit resume, cover letter and writing sample (combined in one PDF), and submit three references. Open until filled.
Chinese Progressive Association is an equal opportunity employer. Low-income people, people of color, LGBTQ people and women strongly encouraged to apply. Pursuant of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.